Our glossary explains technical terms from the areas finance and reinsurance. We hope it facilitates the understanding of our texts, publications and annual reports. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form!
- Deposit accounting
- Deposits with ceding companies/deposits received from retrocessionaires (also: funds held by ceding companies/funds held under reinsurance treaties)
- Derivatives, derivative financial instruments
- Direct (also: primary) insurer
- Discounting of loss reserves
- Dynamic volatility adjustment