We believe in enabling our employees to strike a healthy balance between their professional and private life. We therefore offer part-time and teleworking models that can be individually structured and flexible working-time arrangements without core hours. Through this flexibility we want to make it easier for our employees to organise everyday life in phases such as starting a family or preparing for the end of their professional career, e. g. through partial retirement arrangements. These benefits are reflected in a low staff turnover rate and the long periods of time that our employees stay with the Group.
We also operate our own company daycare centre at the Hannover location, offering altogether 30 places for all-day care of infants (up to the age of three).
We attach great importance to the satisfaction of our employees in order to remain a consistently attractive employer. Regular feedback given by our staff is taken very seriously, and we use the evaluations and concrete suggestions that came out of our international employee survey as a basis for continuous improvement.
Our employees are paid according to their specific tasks, their skills and qualifications and their performance. At the same time, employees in Germany benefit from the security and advantages of the collective agreement for the private insurance industry. 93% of our employees at the Hannover location are covered by the collective bargaining agreement. The remaining 7% can be attributed to some non-collective agreements with managers. All employees in Brazil, Italy, France, Sweden and Spain are covered by collective bargaining agreements.
Supplementary to individual and statutory retirement provision, employees in Germany who have been with us for longer periods of time are entitled to inclusion in the employer-funded retirement provision models. The amount of the funding contributions is determined by the individual salary levels and calculated according to the pay scale groups under the collective agreement.
Employees can accumulate further employee-funded occupational retirement provision by way of deferred compensation. In this case we pay the contributions from the employee’s gross salary into the pension fund.
Furthermore, we offer our employees a number of additional voluntary benefits. All members of our staff are granted the same benefits in proportion to their working hours.
|Goal to be achieved by 2017:|
Expansion of further training measures for specialist and executive staff
|Internationalisation of the surveys on employee satisfaction||A worldwide employee survey was conducted in 2015 / 2016. Specific measures were examined in various areas of the company in the year under review and, where appropriate, implemented.|
|Expansion of the care services provided for employees’ children at the company’s infant daycare centre||30 places are currently available. This capacity can be expanded as necessary; in 2017 there was no need for additional places.|